Plan to Reopen
Here at Aerial Arts of Rochester we want you to be confident in knowing that we are taking extreme precautions to prevent the spread of Covid-19. We too, want to take every measure possible to stay happy and healthy without giving up on what we love most, CIRCUS! We believe that with the following protocols in place we can continue to soar.
First and foremost if you are not feeling well, stay home. Should you appear to be sick or show symptoms of bring sick at AAoR, your instructor may ask you to leave and not return until you are feeling better. If you have recently been exposed to someone with Covid-19, please refrain from attending.
* When you arrive at the studio we will take your temperature (forehead method).
Physical Distancing and General Studio Practices
* Each student will have their own apparatus.
* All apparatuses are at least 6 feet apart.
* Many class sizes have been reduced. Adult classes will have a maximum of 8, Youth will have a maximum of 5 unless otherwise noted. - updated 9/14/20
* Masks are required when entering and exiting the building and during activity, however we will have mask breaks when we are socially distanced after movements that have required more stamina. - updated 9/14/20
* We kindly ask that you refrain from bringing visitors to the studio at this time.
* Bring a water bottle or purchase one from the studio. We will not have a community water dispenser at this time.
* Bring your own yoga mat for specified classes. If you don’t own one or forgot to bring it, the studio will have them available for rental.
* Community chalk and rosin bins will be eliminated. The studio will have products available for purchase.
Modified Instruction Techniques & Safety
* Your instructor will wear a mask. We ask that you also wear a mask during activity providing that it does not present a physical safety risk. (updated 7/15/20)
* Instructors will minimize hands-on spotting, therefore we will focus on visual, verbal and technical instruction and step in when your physical safety is at risk. We will provide you with suggestions for improvement and pay close attention to your form.
Personal Protective Equipment and Procedures
* Wash your hands with soap and water prior to the start of class when you arrive.
Alcohol based hand sanitizer will be available for use.
* Please make sure you are wearing a mask or face covering when entering and exiting AAoR and in areas where social distancing is not possible. This is now studio policy and those who are unwilling to comply will not be able to attend.
* Your instructor will wear a mask whenever possible, however we understand that wearing a mask is not feasible for aerial activities, which is why were are maintaining appropriate physical distancing. If you would like to wear a mask, you are welcome to do so.
Hygiene and Cleaning
* The studio will have the appropriate disinfectants for various surfaces.
* All chairs, doorknobs and commonly touched surfaces will be wiped down or sprayed in between classes.
* AAoR will keep record of our cleaning procedures as required by the State of NY.
* Students will be taught how to clean and sanitize equipment they may have used to warm up or condition.
* Apparatuses that have been used during class will be cleaned by instructors. They have been taught how to sanitize and what products to use.
* Fabrics will be decommissioned after each use and they will be washed OR we will decontaminate them for a period of 48 hours. As of 7/13/20 AAoR used to decontaminate for 72 hours, however with Covid rates at less than 1% in NYS as of 9/27/20 we have adjusted the decontamination period.
Communication and Disclosure
* Please make sure that your contact information in Pike13 is accurate and has been updated.
* A new disclose will be included with our waiver that explains the possible risks associated with Covid-19 and the precautions that AAoR is taking to minimize the risk of exposure.
* In the event that a students tests positive for Covid- 19, AAoR will comply with any requests from health officials and contact tracing efforts.
* Should AAoR become aware that a student has Covid-19, we will inform you while still maintaining privacy and respect for the individual diagnosed.
If you have any additional suggestions, comments or concerns about this plan, AAoR is happy to listen and consider them as this document may be updated regularly. Reach out via email at firstname.lastname@example.org